The Mortgage Process
The Mortgage Process
If you are in the market to purchase a home, refinance the one that you already own, or just want to learn how mortgages work, we want to make sure that you have whatever information or tools you need. We employ technology, education, and customer service to help in the mortgage process.
Here is what you can expect in the mortgage process and what we will be doing along the way to assist you.
1. Apply for a Home Loan
Find out what loan product best meets your goals with Homewise Financial, our fast, secure, completely online mortgage process. If you don’t want to work online, let us know and we will contact you to complete the process.
How We Make It Easier
- Apply on your terms: You can apply online, talk to one of our loan specialists, or both.
- Easy document submission: When you apply with us, you will receive access to an online portal that will allow you to upload your documents securely and have them immediately applied to your application so that we receive quick and reliable numbers. If you prefer other methods, we can receive your documents by either e-mail or fax.
2. Exploring Your Options
Once we receive your application and related documents, we will match loan products with your financial situation and help you decide on the best option. We will fully explain the costs, rates, and benefits of each option available to you.
You can use our online mortgage calculator to help assess your budget and available options.
3. Verify Your Information
The next step is to verify the information that you provided. We will review bank statements as well as tax information and then reach out to third-parties such as your employer, insurance agent, and title company to get verifications or other information from them.
How We Make Verification Easy
- Online Portal: Secure and easy to use, our portal allows you to upload documents needed on your time and have them applied to your mortgage loan submission instantly.
- Real-time Updates: We will be in constant communication with you during the process to allow the mortgage loan to keep moving and close faster.
4. Close Your Home Loan
- Convenience: Choose a date and time to close your mortgage loan. In some cases, we either close online or have a settlement agent come to you at home or work to perform the closing.
- Online Portal: With our online portal, you will have access to your paperwork before closing.
Frequently Asked Questions
How high does my FICO have to be to qualify for a home mortgage?
While there are many factors that influence the qualification of a home mortgage, when it comes to your credit score, we generally say that a 600 FICO will qualify. Depending on debt-to-income and payment history, we can sometimes qualify as low as a 580 FICO.
Why use a mortgage broker instead of applying directly with a lender.
As a mortgage broker, we have contracts with several lenders. Some of the lenders that we have contracts with only fund loans from brokers and do not have a retail department. So by choosing a broker, you have access to more lenders and we are able to shop the rate through multiple sources to ensure that you get a loan to best fit your goals and situation.
What's the difference between a cash-out refinance and a home equity loan?
Home equity loans or home equity lines of credit (HELOCs) are usually second mortgages. In other words, they are mortgages that you take out on top of the main mortgage you have on your home. This makes them second liens against your property and therefore more risky. A cash-out refinance is not a second loan; it is a new first mortgage.
What is equity? How can it help me get cash out of my refinance?
Home equity refers to the appraised value of your home minus the amount you still owe on your loan.
The more equity you have, the more money you may be able to get from a cash-out refinance. Many homeowners take cash out to pay off high-interest debt or make home improvements. Try our mortgage calculator to see if you have enough equity to reach your financial goal.
Why Choose Homewise Financial?
- Application process is completely online.
- Loan specialists available to answer your questions and help you understand the process.
- As a mortgage broker, we have exclusive access to a vast network of lenders to offer competitive rates and diverse loan programs to suit your goals.
- Personalized experience. We will “hold your hand” through the process to ensure your comfortability with the loan program and process.
If you have questions about our company or the process, we want to hear from you. We will communicate with you however you are most comfortable. Simply hit the link to the right, book an appointment, or give us a call. We will be glad to answer any questions that you have.
P.O. Box 24593
Jacksonville, FL 32241